- From Arenal/La Fortuna, drive south on hwy 141 towards San Ramón, roughly 1.5 hours. Once you get to the BEIGE AND BROWN San Juan church (Iglesia de San Juan) just past Los Angeles and turn LEFT just after the church. (If you see a gas station on your left, you’ve gone too far. Just turn around where you can safely do it, go back and turn RIGHT at the church.)
- Proceed until you reach an “alto” sign (you’ll see one of our signs just before this intersection). There will be “Bar Oriente” on the far left and a soccer field just beyond.
- Continue straight. The road will curve about 90 degrees to the left soon, then descend and curve left fairly abruptly, then it will curve to the right and ascend again.
- When you reach the top of the hill, you will see another one of our signs on the right. Our entrance is just beyond on the left, just as you begin descending. It is an asphalt road, about 60 meters long marked with a small sign. There’s a concrete retaining wall to the left of the road. Be careful because the entrance is in a curve in the road.
- Go all the way to the end to the big wooden gate and ring the bell on the right. You won’t miss us. We have a big stone retaining wall.
Our GPS coordinates are: N 10.1118, W 84.4541
To make a collect phone call from a pay phone, you can dial 1110, listen to the instructions in Spanish that will ask for the phone number you are calling. Key in one of our phone numbers listed below, then after the following instructions, say your name. We will get the call and you don’t have to deposit any coins or use a calling card.
Cell: 8306-3159 House: 2445-2100